I’ve been planning to put together a how to dry cure and hot smoke bacon video for a good while know but never got around to it.
I’ve been hot smoking and cold smoking various things, from cheese, fish and meats for a while now.
Dry curing bacon is really easy and simple to do it just takes time to cure and then to dry the meat before smoking.
It is relatively safe as long as you stick to the curing method and amounts required from the calculator when creating the cure.
Please give it ago any questions please add in the comment on this post or on the youtube video.
How to Dry Cure and Hot Smoke Bacon
- Belly pork (the mount is up to you, the piece I brought here is about 688gm. I have asked the butcher to remove the skin, but it can be cured and smoked skin on. Personally I think the flavour get better into the meat if the skin is off.
- Sugar (I have replaced some of the sugar with maple syrup just remember that only 65% of maple syrup is sugar so you need to up the amount of syrup you are adding.
- Salt (kosher / rock salt).
- Prague powder (curing salt)
- Bacon Calculator
- Clingfilm ( Vacuum sealer optional)
- Hot Smoker
- 3 – 4 days curing and 2 – 3 days drying
The method on How to Dry Cure and Hot Smoke Bacon is in the video below:
Please Subscribe to my channel below.